Asperger Works is looking for an experienced Job Coach to provide assistance in the workplace and help adults with Asperger’s Syndrome enhance their strengths and improve their job search and interview skills. A job coach must be a mentor eager to support the clients assigned to him/her. This person must be able to discover people’s strengths and weaknesses and advise them accordingly. The two most important pre-requisites for this position are great communications skills partnered with critical thinking.
The successful candidate will be hired as a part-time (15 hours a week) independent contractor working out of our Lawrence office. Salary range is $15 – $25, depending upon experience.
- Assisting people with Asperger’s Syndrome in developing social and life skills
- Helping clients to discover and overcome their personal barriers and set goals
- Helping in the development of motivation and skills
- Counseling clients to discover their goals and ambitions
- Assessing the strengths of individuals and teaching them how to best apply these to job searches
- Teaching appropriate skills to clients to help follow through with job tasks
- Developing effective job coaching and employment plans
- Providing coaching in effective job search techniques
- Becoming familiar with ADA mandated accommodations for people with disabilities
- Making workplace visits as client’s representative as needed
- Monitoring and evaluating progress of clients
- Keeping records and documentation and prepare appropriate reports
- Proven experience as job coach (minimum 2 years experience)
- High school diploma; AS/BA program in human service-related field, such as social work or psychology
- Experience in interacting with people with disabilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- Experience in developing employment plans
- Working knowledge of MS Office or similar software group
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving ability
- Ability to adhere to regulations and standards
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Respect for diversity
- Knowledge of the American Disabilities Act and the Massachusetts Workplace Guidelines for employing persons with disabilities (http://www.mass.gov/mcad/resources/employers-businesses/emp-guidelines-handicap-gen.html)
- Valid driver’s license as some traveling may be required
- Flexibility to work various hours as needed
- Communicating and reading-writing in Spanish helpful
If interested, please submit a cover letter and your resume as a first step in the application process either via e-mail (email@example.com) or snail mail (Asperger Works, Inc. | 20 Ballard Road, Lawrence, MA 01843)
For more information contact us!
Asperger Works, Inc. values diversity and is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Please contact us directly with questions that may arise throughout the application process, including but not limited to inquiries related to accommodation needs.