Asperger Works is seeking a part-time Grants Writer Intern to work closely with members of our organization in researching appropriate grants, grant writing, and the process of applying for them. This is a chance for a person to advance an amazing mission and do his/her best work within a collaborative and sometimes challenging environment.
Asperger Works is a non-profit organization that works with youth and adults with Asperger’s Syndrome with employment issues, providing them with job coaching and ongoing mentoring. Additionally, we provide employer education about Asperger’s Syndrome in general and the desirability of employing adults and youth with Asperger’s in particular. Asperger Works offers year-round programs to meet our mission of finding appropriate employment opportunities for our clients.
ideally 20 hours a week, unpaid (time commitment is flexible – can be fewer or more hours if you wish as per your availability and/or school policy)
NOTE: Although listed as an internship, we are very open to receiving applications from anyone who wants to volunteer and can commit to a certain number of hours and has the right qualifications and background.
- Prepare grant proposals, beginning by performing research;
- Become familiar with Asperger Works’ programs, goals, and financial needs;
- Look into potential funding sources;
- Compose and send out proposals after compiling all the information needed;
- Keep careful records to track proposals;
- Should be able to supply missing items if a grant-making organization requests additional information;
- Mentor organization members interested in writing grants.
- Communications, English, professional writing, health, or a similar major;
- Outstanding grammar and research skills;
- Educational background in working with disabled individuals, especially those with Asperger’s Syndrome a plus;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Familiarity with, and commitment to, Asperger Works’ mission, goals, and needs;
- Must pass background records checks (CORI/SORI)
The above job description and qualifications are not meant to be all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities and qualifications may be added as needed by the intern’s/volunteer’s direct supervisor or the Executive Director.
HOW TO APPLY – Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Asperger Works, Inc. values diversity and is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Please contact us directly with questions that may arise throughout the application process, including but not limited to inquiries related to accommodation needs.