Asperger Works, Inc. seeks a General Research and Marketing Intern to assist our small but enthusiastic team in our organization’s general marketing efforts. This position is responsible basically for researching networking opportunities and marketing in print and online. The person selected may aid other interns or volunteers involved in more specific marketing efforts. Public health, marketing, PR, or related majors are encouraged to apply.
Asperger Works is a non-profit organization that works with youth and adults with Asperger’s Syndrome with employment issues, providing them with job coaching and ongoing mentoring. Additionally, we provide employer education about Asperger’s Syndrome in general and the desirability of employing adults and youth with Asperger’s in particular. Asperger Works offers year-round programs to meet our mission of finding appropriate employment opportunities for our clients.
ideally 20 hours a week, unpaid (time commitment is flexible – can be fewer or more hours if you wish as per your availability and/or school policy)
NOTE: Although listed as an internship, we are very open to receiving applications from anyone who wants to volunteer and can commit to a certain number of hours and has the right qualifications and background.
RESPONSIBILITIES – General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assess the needs of diverse populations served by Asperger Works, especially the needs of the underserved population the organization represents
- Research potential employment opportunities for our clients
- Research potential funders and assist in database development
- Assist with Asperger Works promotions, activities, and special events
- Develop and implement specific public outreach programs and/or activities
- Assess community needs and resources
- Apply analytical and critical thinking skills to evaluate and find solutions for community problems related to autism with a primary emphasis on Asperger’s Syndrome.
- MUST BE current Junior, Senior or Graduate college student
- MUST HAVE a minimum 2.8 GPA (applicants may attach an explanation if not meeting this criterion)
- Ability to write clearly and articulately
- Energetic and enthusiastic self-starter
- Flexible and able to juggle multiple tasks
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office
- Some experience in social media
- Passion for the mission of Asperger Works and for empowering people with disabilities (especially those with Asperger’s)
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Must pass background records checks (CORI/SORI)
The above job description and qualifications are not meant to be all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities and qualifications may be added as needed by the intern’s/volunteer’s direct supervisor or the Executive Director.
HOW TO APPLY – Please send resume and cover letter to inter[email protected].
Asperger Works, Inc. values diversity and is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Please contact us directly with questions that may arise throughout the application process, including but not limited to inquiries related to accommodation needs.