Asperger Works seeks a part-time Video and Digital Marketing Intern to join our small but enthusiastic team. This position is responsible for a full-range of entry-level activities using video and other digital mediums related to marketing and communications. This internship will provide the intern with invaluable content creation skills and education in how to strategically market to a social following.
Asperger Works is a non-profit organization that works with youth and adults with Asperger’s Syndrome with employment issues, providing them with job coaching and ongoing mentoring. Additionally, we provide employer education about Asperger’s Syndrome in general and the desirability of employing adults and youth with Asperger’s in particular. Asperger Works offers year-round programs to meet our mission of finding appropriate employment opportunities for our clients.
ideally 20 hours a week, unpaid (time commitment is flexible – can be fewer hours or more if you wish as per your availability and/or school policy)
NOTE: Although listed as an internship, we are very open to receiving applications from anyone who wants to volunteer and can commit to a certain number of hours and has the right qualifications and background.
- Edit video and photo materials;
- Develop and maintain audio/visual archive of multimedia;
- Help populate the Website and social media with content;
- Draft social media copy and Website copy to publish created content;
- Maintain an organized media database;
- Assist with other communication projects as requested.
- Experience working in a professional environment or previous internship experience a plus;
- Strong video editing skill set with a portfolio of demonstrated work;
- Demonstrated expertise in editing software;
- Energetic and enthusiastic;
- Flexible and able to juggle multiple tasks;
- Ability to write clearly and articulately;
- Skilled in using Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Skilled in social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.;
- Ability to self-motivate and stay on task;
- Passion for the mission of Asperger Works and empowering people with disabilities (especially those with Asperger’s);
- Fluency in Spanish a plus;
- Must pass background records checks (CORI/SORI)
The above job description and qualifications are not meant to be all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities and qualifications may be added as needed by the intern’s/volunteer’s direct supervisor or the Executive Director.
HOW TO APPLY – Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Asperger Works, Inc. values diversity and is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Please contact us directly with questions that may arise throughout the application process, including but not limited to inquiries related to accommodation needs.