Business Contact Outreach Coordinator (BCOC)
The position of BCOC is a new role to Asperger Works (AWorks). The candidate who fills this position will be leading the organization’s efforts to make contact with businesses in the region (Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire, with emphasis on Merrimack Valley). The purpose of these contacts will be to have AWorks make free presentations advocating the hiring and appropriate treatment of individuals on the autism spectrum.
The coordinator will be responsible for generating leads to businesses in a variety of industries, including (but not limited to) healthcare, IT, legal, nonprofit, software, and manufacturing, concentrating on companies with a history of hiring people with disabilities. The coordinator will find the appropriate contact person and schedule a time for AWorks’ free presentation. The coordinator will handle all scheduling and communications with the client businesses.
*The application period is now over. We thank all the wonderful and interesting people who applied.
- Reach out to at least 50 businesses per week via email, phone, or other contact to try to schedule a presentation.
- Identify the appropriate business contact and keep in touch with them before and after the presentation is given.
- Successfully schedule at least 20 presentations for AWorks members to give to businesses within a six-month timeframe.
- Provide weekly report to the Executive Director of progress on the project.
- Represent AWorks in a polished, professional manner whenever interacting with businesses and their employees.
- Upon completion of the assignment, submit to the organization a thorough database to be used to maintain contact with individuals reached.
- Have some background in human resources or company personnel departments
- Be exceptionally organized, maintaining all information gathere in a cohesive database
- Present themselves professionally on the phone, via email, or any other form of communication undertaken
- Have a substantial level of familiarity with Autism Spectrum conditions and individuals affected by them
- Utilize clear communication abilities to keep the executive director and other pertinent individuals apprised of developments
- Be in posession of the thechical capacities (i.e., internet connection, computer) to work remotely (office space can be provided on a limited basis upon request)
The BCOC is a contract position. The length of the contract may be extended based on need, employee performance, and financial condition of the organization.
- 8-week contract
- $20 per hour, 20 hours per week
- Total anticipated salary of $3,200
- No health insurance or other benefits are provided.
Interested Candidates should provide the following in consideration for the role:
- Cover letter
- Three professional and/or personal references
- Writing sample
Please submit all required application documents to email@example.com.
Since Massachusetts is an at-will employment state, either party can terminate the contract at any time. Please note that the Board reserves the right to review the work of the Business Contact Outreach Coordinator (BCOC) at the end of the first week.
If you have any questions regarding this position, feel free to contact the Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.