Asperger Works seeks a Print and Online Marketing Volunteer Intern to help design and produce print and online (social media) materials for our various networking events. In addition, a successful candidate will support marketing across various projects to promote our program, events, and other mission-related work. This person needs to be innovative, organized, and results-oriented with drive and the ability to stay on task while identifying potential opportunities for growth and improvement for our organization. This is a chance for a person to advance an amazing mission and do his/her best work within a fun, collaborative, and sometimes challenging environment!
Asperger Works is a non-profit organization that works with youth and adults with Asperger’s Syndrome with employment issues, providing them with job coaching and ongoing mentoring. Additionally, we provide employer education about Asperger’s Syndrome in general and the desirability of employing adults and youth with Asperger’s in particular. Asperger Works offers year-round programs to meet our mission of finding appropriate employment opportunities for our clients.
ideally 20 hours a week, unpaid (time commitment is flexible – can be fewer or more hours per availability and/or school policy)
NOTE: Although listed as an internship, we are very open to receiving applications from anyone who wants to volunteer and can commit to a certain number of hours and has the right qualifications/background.
- Manage the design, editing, production, and distribution of program information, working with the rest of the team, including the Webmaster, social media contributors, and print vendor
- Work with members of Asperger Works to optimize program and event descriptions, and coordinate the distribution of this content across print, digital, and other communication channels.
- Support the organization across program-specific initiatives and events marketing
- Help design, edit, and produce marketing materials (print, electronic, display, and otherwise promotional)
- Research, evaluate, suggest and implement new opportunities and tools, including digital platforms, to market programs and events
- Help contribute content to Asperger Works blogs, social media feeds, quarterly member newsletter, and emails, as needed
- High-school diploma or GED
- Design production skills, including some technical proficiency with graphic design tools
- Good project management and organizational skills
- Strong writing and editing skills, including ability to line edit and proofread
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work as an effective team member, as well as independently
- Flexibility and willingness to pitch in as needed
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion, especially people with disabilities
- Enthusiasm for Asperger Works’ mission
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office applications
- Valid driver’s license
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Must pass drivers and background records checks (CORI/SORI)
The above job description and qualifications are not meant to be all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities and qualifications may be added as needed by the intern’s/volunteer’s direct supervisor or the Executive Director.
HOW TO APPLY – Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Asperger Works, Inc. values diversity and is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Please contact us directly with questions that may arise throughout the application process, including but not limited to inquiries related to accommodation needs.